|Louisiana State University, J.D. (1996)
Louisiana State University, B.S. Quantitative Business Analysis - Computer Science Option (1993)
LSU Tiger Marching Band Member (1989 - 1993)
Dry & Tassin, P.L.L.C
Managing Member (March 2008 - present), Houston, Texas. Practice emphasizes all aspects of intellectual property litigation including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets, as well as unfair competition, contract and business disputes. File and maintain trademark registrations for clients in all industries. Manage all aspects of firm business, finances and litigation.
Co-founder, Director (April 2003 - present), Secretary/Treasurer (October 2003 - present), Missouri City, Texas. Father’s Joy is a non-profit corporation organized to minister and provide support and information to families and prospective families of children with disabilities. Tasks and duties since inception have included: identifying gap in services provided by current organizations to families of children with disabilities and formulate a program to fill that gap; develop mission statement, business plan and budget; develop fundraising plans and a network of potential donors, volunteers and consultants; participate in recruitment of directors; prepare all start-up, business and legal documents; assist in design and development of web site; design organization logo; design and develop organization brochures; manage all day-to-day responsibilities for the organization; prepare and present materials at legal and educational workshops for parents, attorneys, educators and medical professionals; organize and chair organization fundraisers, including golf tournaments and silent auctions; identify needs of families of children with disabilities and develop organization programs to meet those needs.
Dry & Tassin, L.L.P.
Managing Partner (May 1999 - March 2001), Partner (April 2001 – 2005), Houston, Texas. Practice emphasized all aspects of litigation in intellectual property including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets, as well as unfair competition, contract and business disputes. Responsibilities have included managing personnel; making decisions related to firm finances, clients, personnel, billing, advertising and marketing; providing consultation and services to corporate clients regarding business contracts and licensing matters; managing litigation, including client management, overseeing associates and support staff; brief-writing and research; depositions; oral argument, and trial preparation; managing, preparing for and participating in client arbitrations; participating in client mediations; negotiating and drafting settlement agreements; and designing firm web site and advertisements.
Alan H. Gordon & Associates, P.C.
Of Counsel (May 1999 - January 2005). Assist in trial preparation, brief drafting and research in all aspects of litigation in patent, trademark, copyright, unfair competition and trade secret matters.
Suite 930 Group, L.L.C.
Secretary/Treasurer (1999 - 2001), President (2001), Houston, Texas. Manage suite of 10 attorneys and their staff. Responsibilities included making decisions related to financial, leasing, office equipment and administrative matters; billing for shared office expenses; negotiating and approving office equipment leases and contracts; negotiating and drafting individual sub-leases; and handling and solving group disputes.
Dry, Holt & Tassin, L.L.P.
Partner (July 1998 - May 1999), Houston, Texas. Litigated in all areas of intellectual property including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets, as well as unfair competition, contract and business disputes. Provided consultation and services to corporate clients regarding business contracts and licensing matters. Participated in all aspects of trial, including research, brief-writing, depositions, oral argument, exhibit preparation, preparation of pre-trial documents, and trial.
Dry & Stacy, L.L.P.
Associate (November 1996 - June 1998), Houston, Texas. Second chair in litigation in all areas of intellectual property, contract and business disputes, and personal injury. Provided consultation and services to corporate clients regarding business ventures, shareholder agreements, and business contracts. Responsible for maintaining corporate records for clients.
- State Bar of Texas (November 1996)
- State Bar of Louisiana (April 1997; Inactive 2006-present)
- Houston Bar Association
- Litigation Section, Member (2000-2002)
- Computer and On-Line Section (Founding Member; Board Member (1998, 2001, 2002); Secretary (1999); Vice Chair (2000))
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Adopt-an-Angel, Committee Member (1999-2003); Co-Chair (2000, 2001)
- “Outstanding Committee Chair” award recipient (2000)
- Houston Young Lawyers Association Fellowship recipient (2000)
- Firm recognized in Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers for “High Professional Legal Standards & Ethics” (2001)
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section, Member (2000, 2001))
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association (Entertainment Committee Member (1999, 2000))
- Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada), Inc.
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Women Lawyers Association
- Professional Women’s Fellowship
- Admitted in the Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas; Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Texas Partners in Policymaking Graduate (2006)
- Tassin, Kristin K. and Bernay, Anne, “Medically Speaking...” (2008)
- Tassin, Kristin K., The Basics of Special Education Law (2007)
- Tassin, Kristin K. and Bernay, Anne, Living with Down Syndrome: Turning Fear Into Hope (DVD, 2007)
- Tassin, Kristin K., Including You: Helping to Smooth the Transition to an Inclusive School (2007)
- Tassin, Kristin K., Parent Advocacy Workshop: Navigating the IEP Process (2006)
- Presentation of Practical Tips and Tactics for Taking Depositions, Stromar Educational Services, Inc. seminar on Evidence: The Introduction, Objection & Exclusion Thereof (August 26, 1999)
- Tassin, Kristin K. and Dry, N. Elton, Contract Clauses and Procedures for Protecting the Right of Authors in Their Software, Houston Bar Association, Computer & On-Line section (1998)
Born March 11, 1971, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Married, 3 daughters
The Rise School of Houston (Parent Volunteer; Head of Parent Organization, 2002-2006; Gifts From the Heart Silent Auction Committee, 2005, 2006 (Co-chair), 2007, 2008))
Friends of Rise (Board Chair (2003-2004))
Trips to Morocco to provide personal, spiritual and educational support to parents, children and educators associated with school for children with disabilities (2006, 2007)
Grand Prize winner for “Best Story” (“The Golden Band from Tigerland”), Tiger
Memories: The Spirit of LSU (2008)
P.O. Box 421479
Houston Texas, 77242-1479