James practices in the areas of complex commercial litigation, construction litigation, surety law, and insurance defense. He brought with him experience in representing owners, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and design professionals from all over the State of Texas in various aspects of construction law, including perfecting lien and bond claims, mediation, arbitration, and litigation.
Prior to attending law school, James earned a Bachelor of Business Administration with a double major in Finance and International Business from University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, where he had the opportunity to study abroad in Morocco, Belgium, and Panama. He graduated cum laude from SMU Dedman School of Law in 2019. While at SMU, he served as the Administrative Managing Editor of the International Lawyer and the Secretary for the Student Bar Association. James was also on the Board of Advocate’s Regional Champion Negotiation Team. In his free time, James spends time enjoying local theater, running, karaoke, and bringing side dishes to family functions.
Professional & Civic Activities
- State Bar of Texas, Member of the Construction Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Member of the Construction Law Section
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- J.D., cum laude, SMU Dedman School of Law (2019)
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (2016)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Texas, 2019
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas